Re: File Associations

kdebox@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 2 May 2003 at 8:31, Markus Hetzenecker wrote:

hey
try to create in your home dir:
echo "X11BROWSER=/usr/bin/konqueror" > ~/.htmlviewrc
-- markus.

Thanks for the help! I tried searching on usenet before, but didn't find anything. Now I searched again with htmlviewrc as searchterm and I found some interesing articles.

But Wow! This is vague. I would never have found out without this list... Linux remains a puzzle very often!

Actually, this is a RedHatism. In this case, they wrote a script to customize their distro.

One of the features of *NIX is that you can write a script to do most anything you want.

--
JRT