Re: Repackaging KDE..

Kevin Krammer wrote:

On Monday 08 December 2003 18:03, Henrique Pinto wrote:

On Monday 08 December 2003 14:35, Dale Weber wrote:

Hi again.

Something that has bothered me about KDE for sometime, is the apparent
inability to just get packages for certain parts of say, KDENETWORK,
KDEMULTIMEDIA, etc. rather than having to install the whole thing which
I really don't need.

If you use binary packages, then it's an issue of your distribution. Many
distros already provide separate packages.

Exactly!
Debian does it this way, I think Conectiva does it, and maybe Gentoo as well.

And SuSE as well. Just see the http://www.kde.org/download/ for details !

You should take a look to the http://developer.kde.org/build/konstruct/ if you would like to build it from sources.

I.