Re: KDE/RedH 9 No KDE-mail or Web browsing

Greg Johnson wrote:
Decided to give Red Hat 9 a ride - it supposed to be easier to use. Well, I cannot, for the life of me, get KDE Mail or Konqueror to snag my comcast internet connection. Details:
Comcast broadband connection (working)
Linksys Router (working)
Double checked the cables (swapped -- working)
etho0 = broadcast up
lo = loopback up
Traceroute = 0% loss
POP = mail.comcast.net Port 110
SMTP = smtp.comcast.net Port 25

What am I missing here?

Was your Ethernet controller properly detected and auto configured.

You might need to be running PPPoE.

Look here for more information:

http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/rp-pppoe/

Or if using a router, do you have DHCP setup correctly.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DHCP/index.html

--
JRT