Re: kde with LDAP users

Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
Hi !
I'm having a problem starting kde (with "exec startkde" in my .xinitrc).
The screen freezes waiting for something that does not seem to load.
I get the following error: kdeinit could't not start, please check your kde
installation.
Now, this happens for my users (homedir mounted with NFS) authenticated with
LDAP, but if I creat a local testuser on the box, kde works fine...
I configured pam.d/system, pam.d/login ans pam.d/kde for LDAP authentication.
I can login fine, startx... anything but starting KDE.
I also completely rebuilt KDE... doesn't work better.

Please try this and see what error messages you get (or if it works):

startx -e startkde

--
JRT