Re: To embed or not to embed

Shawn Willden wrote:
On Friday 14 November 2003 12:08 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

There doesn't appear to be any way to do this with the GUI.  So, you
have to edit the MIME type 'desktop' file.

Do you know what value one would put in the desktop file to get this behavior? I can't find anything.

After a great deal of experimentation, here's what I've found (I tested application/x-zip, application/x-tgz and application/x-gzip and application/x-tar):

1. If ark_part is listed as the embedded viewer, it will be used regardless of whether the file is local or remote and, indeed, regardless of whether the "Left Click Action" is set to "Show file in embedded viewer" or "Show file in separate viewer".

2. If no embedded viewer is defined, the desired behavior is achieved: Local files (file: protocol) are opened with zip: or tar: kioslaves (that's how I understand it to work, I could most definitely be wrong). If the file is remote (http: protocol), the user is prompted for a file name.

3. Setting "Ark" as an external viewer appears to have no effect whatsoever.

4. Other mimetypes behave similarly. For example, I have image/jpeg set to "Show file in separate viewer", and that viewer is gqview. khtmlimage is set as the embedded viewer. http: URLs that link to a JPEG use khtmlimage but file: URLs open with gqview.

I haven't found any way to get konqueror to prompt me.

Prompting is the default. When you check the "Do not ask again" box it makes a note of it. I thought that this would be in the MIME type file, but it is an entry in: konqueorrc.

askSaveapplication/x-tbz=Yes

Note the lack of a delimiter between: 'askSave' and 'application'.

and the logical sense of it seems backwards to me. I don't know what would happen if you added a line like this but with: "No" for something that you wanted to be prompted for. But, removing this line will make it start to ask you again.

--
JRT