Re: Kmail & SMTP (stopped working)

Pulat Yunusov writes:

On November 5, 2003 06:35 pm, David Corbin wrote:

I've started having problems with a working setup, 'out of the blue'. I

have KMail client that basically can NOT send a message. It's configured

to send via SMTP, and I've closely examined each of the options to be sure

they're correct. I've verified that the SMTP daemon is running and I have

no problem connecting to it (via telnet). When I attempt to send a

message, after a time (1-2 minutes), it pops up a dialog saying it cannot

send the message because one of the recipients "" is not being accepted.

Is there anyway to get KMail to provide detailed logs of the SMTP

conversation? Other ideas?

This is likely an issue with your SMTP server and you should check its logs

for clues. Your MTA (e.g. Sendmail or Postfix) could be configured to reject

certain recipients causing KMail to fail to send the message.

As David, I've found the same issue with KMail & SMTP. My email providers works pretty well with another mail client, but not with KMail.

I've also checked the network traffic that KMail generates when I push de "send" button, and I've seen that any connection is established.

So, I think, as David, that SMTP & KMail have stopped work (at least for me).

Thank you.

--

Imobach González Sosa

.