🌎 Earth Day and Beyond! 🚀

Here's how to take Earth science learning farther

EDUCATION UPDATES | APRIL 2024

Get to know the mission revolutionizing how we study Earth

Teachable Moment: Tracking Tiny Movements Means Big Impacts for Earth Science

In honor of Earth Day, we're taking a deep dive into the upcoming NISAR mission, an Earth satellite that will capture detailed views of our planet's changing surface and provide new insights into everything from natural disasters to climate change.

Get a primer on the mission from our Teachable Moments series and find out how you can keep the Earth Day learning going beyond today with related lessons and student activities featuring real science and engineering from the mission.

FEATURED EVENT

Celebrate Earth Day With NASA

Celebrate Earth Day With NASA

Share a #GlobalSelfie with @NASA on social media, plus explore more ways to participate in Earth Day with downloads, resources, activities, and more.

FEATURED RESOURCES

Educator Guides

Lesson: Orbit Observation
Lesson: Modeling Crustal Folds

Lesson | Grades 6-12

Modeling Crustal Folds

Lesson: Making Topographic Maps

Lesson | Grades 6-12

Making Topographic Maps

Lesson: Using Light to Study Planets

Lesson | Grades 6-11

Using Light to Study Planets

Lesson: Modeling the Water Budget

Lesson | Grades 5-8

Modeling the Water Budget

Lesson: Studying Wildfires from Space
Lesson: How to Read a Heat Map
Lesson: Lessons in Sea Level Rise

Lesson | Grades 5-12

Lessons in Sea Level Rise

Earth Science Lesson Collection
Climate Change Lesson Collection

Student Projects

Exploring Earth Activities
Climate Change Activities Collection

Articles

Teachable Moments in Climate Change

Videos

Earth Minute Video Series
Monitoring Earth from Space

Citizen Science

App: NASA GLOBE Observer App

ACROSS THE NASA-VERSE

The Ocean Touches Everything: Celebrate Earth Day with NASA
Space Place Art Challenge - Earth Day

FOLLOW JPL EDUCATION ON:

FacebookTwitterInstagramYouTube