Your School Year With NASA in One Handy Calendar 📆

Explore Earth and space with us all year long 💫

EDUCATION UPDATES | AUGUST 2022

We've got a lesson for every day of the school year!

Article: A Lesson for Every Day of the School Year

We just added the 180th lesson to our online catalog of standards-aligned STEM lessons, which means JPL Education now has a lesson for every day of the school year! To celebrate and help you make the year ahead stellar, we've put together this monthly calendar of upcoming NASA events along with links to our related lessons, Teachable Moments, and student projects you can use to engage students in STEM while they explore Earth and space with us all year long.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Event page: Back to School With JPL Education

Public Event

Ongoing

Back to School With JPL Education

Event page: Join NASA Online for Artemis I

Public Event

Register by Monday, Aug. 29

Join NASA Online for the Launch of Artemis I

WATCH & LEARN

Student Video: Solar System Size and Distance

NASA ISS Downlink

JPL Intern Turned NASA Astronaut Answers Questions from Space

NEW & NOTABLE ON JPL EDU

Articles

Teachable Moments: Webb Telescope Sees the Universe Like We've Never Seen It Before

Teachable Moments

Webb Telescope Sees the Universe Like We've Never Seen It Before

Student Activities

Student Slideshow: 10 Things We Can Learn from Webb's First Images

Slideshow | Grades 5-12

10 Things We Can Learn from Webb's First Images

Educator Guides

Lesson: Making Rovers With Tangram Shapes

Lesson | Grades K-1

Making Rovers With Tangram Shapes

Lesson: Make a Soda Can Engine

Lesson | Grades 3-8

Make a Soda Can Engine

Lesson: Mapping Alien Worlds

Lesson | Grades 4-12

Mapping Alien Worlds

Lesson: Tracking Spacecraft With Trilateration

Lesson | Grades 6-12

Tracking Spacecraft With Trilateration

Lesson: Making Topographic Maps

Lesson | Grades 6-12

Making Topographic Maps

Lesson: Discovering Alien Oceans: Magnetism

Lesson | Grades 8-12

Discovering Alien Oceans: Magnetism

Videos

Video: Teaching Space With NASA – Robotic Oceanographers

Teaching Space With NASA

Robotic Oceanographers

Video: Interns Exploret the Future at NASA-JPL

Meet JPL Interns

Interns Explore the Future at NASA-JPL

ACROSS THE NASA-VERSE

Artemis STEM Toolkit