Upcoming Education Events from NASA-JPL

Events from the NASA-JPL Education

Don't miss these upcoming events for teachers and students tomorrow – and in the months ahead. The education team at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory will be joined by experts in science and engineering working on the latest NASA missions and research exploring Mars and beyond. Learn more below and find out how you can submit your questions for our experts!

Learning Space With NASA Live Stream - March 23, 9 a.m. PDT

LIVE STREAM FOR STUDENTS

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 24, 9 AM PDT

Learning Space with NASA Live Stream –Building and Operating a Mars Rover

In this live stream for students in grades 5-12, we'll talk about how NASA builds and operates rovers on Mars and build a rubber-band-powered rover together.

Watch Live Online

Register for a chance to have your questions answered live!

Materials

Have the following supplies handy to build along with us:

  • 1 6-inch (15-cm) square of corrugated cardboard for the body of the rover
  • 2 5-inch (13-cm) pieces of corrugated cardboard for the wheels
  • 1 sharpened cylindrical pencil
  • 2 rubber bands
  • 2 pieces of round hard candy with a hole in the middle
  • 1 plastic drinking straw
  • Ruler
  • Tape
  • Scissors
  • *Don’t worry if you don’t have all of the materials. Get creative and substitute materials with what you have! It’s all part of the design process.

You can also follow the process on the activity page:

Student Project: Make a Cardboard Rover

Build a rubber-band-powered rover that can scramble across a room.

Engineering | Grades 6-12

Time: 30-60 mins

More Upcoming Events

Teaching Space With NASA Live Stream – Exploring Europa

APRIL 14, 1 PM PDT

Teaching Space With NASA Live Stream – Exploring Europa

In this educational live stream, NASA experts will discuss the search for life beyond Earth and upcoming missions to explore Jupiter's moon Europa. Plus, we'll answer your questions!

Virtual Educator Workshop: Exploring Biology With NASA

APRIL 17, 10 AM PDT

In this interactive workshop for educators, we will explore biology, oceanography, and geology concepts through the lens of NASA's search for life beyond Earth. Participation is limited.

Register today to attend!

Teaching Space With NASA Live Stream – The Search for Exoplanets

MAY 12, 3 PM PDT

In this educational live stream, NASA experts will discuss how we look for planets outside of our solar system. Plus, we'll answer your questions!

Teaching Space With NASA Live Stream – Tracking Asteroids

JUNE 9, 3 PM PDT

In this educational live stream, NASA experts will discuss how we track and study comets and asteroids. Plus, we'll answer your questions!

Want to be the first to know about upcoming events and news from the education team at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory?

About Us

The Education team at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory brings the wonder of NASA missions and science to students and educators to inspire and engage the next generation of explorers. Learn more about our offerings at the links below:

@NASAJPLedu Facebook@NASAJPL_Edu TwitterJPL Education Website@NASAJPL_Edu Instagram@nasajpledu YouTube