Answers to the 2019 NASA Pi Day Challenge

Title: Answers to the 2019 NASA Pi Day Challenge

Answers to the 2019 NASA Pi Day Challenge

This week, you used pi to answer math problems faced by NASA scientists and engineers. Now, you can find out if your answers to the 2019 NASA Pi Day Challenge are correct. Check out the official answer key to see if you've got the makings of a NASA space explorer.

Check Your Answers

Why celebrate pi just one day a year? Check out these pi-related activities and resources that you can do all year long!

Pi Day Challenge Lesson Collection Lessons: Pi in the Sky – Explore a collection of standards-aligned problem sets that bring together pi and space exploration.
Oh, the Places We Go: 18 Ways NASA Uses Pi Feature: 18 Ways NASA Uses Pi – Whether it's sending spacecraft to other planets, driving rovers on Mars, finding out what planets are made of or how deep alien oceans are, pi takes us far at NASA. Find out how pi helps us explore space.
Blog: How Many Decimals of Pi Do We Really Need? Blog: How Many Decimals of Pi Do We Really Need? – Though there are those who have memorized more than 70,000 digits of pi, JPL engineer Marc Rayman explains why you really only need a tiny fraction of that for even the highest-accuracy calculations at NASA.