Happy Pi Day from NASA/JPL Edu!

Title: Happy Pi Day from NASA/JPL Edu
Happy Pi Day from NASA/JPL Edu

Happy Pi Day from NASA/JPL Edu!

Fuel up with a slice of pie and get ready to liftoff – it's Pi Day! Whether you're celebrating for the pie or for the love of the number used throughout the math world and especially to explore space, we have plenty of ways you can celebrate with NASA. Read on for a list of activities and resources that are sure to take your Pi Day celebration out of this world!

The NASA Pi Day Challenge The NASA Pi Day Challenge – Can you use pi to solve these stellar puzzlers faced by NASA scientists and engineers? Check it out – plus, download the free poster! Answers to the 2019 challenge will be released March 15.
Oh, the Places We Go: 18 Ways NASA Uses Pi Feature: 18 Ways NASA Uses Pi – Whether it's sending spacecraft to other planets, driving rovers on Mars, finding out what planets are made of or how deep alien oceans are, pi takes us far at NASA. Find out how pi helps us explore space.
Blog: How Many Decimals of Pi Do We Really Need? Blog: How Many Decimals of Pi Do We Really Need? – Though there are those who have memorized more than 70,000 digits of pi, JPL engineer Marc Rayman explains why you really only need a tiny fraction of that for even the highest-accuracy calculations at NASA.
10 Things About Pi Day and How to Celebrate with NASA Feature: 10 Things About Pi Day and How to Celebrate with NASA – Find out what makes pi so special, how it’s used to explore space and how you can join the celebration with resources from NASA.
Share: Pi Day – What’s Going ‘Round Share: Pi Day – What’s Going ‘Round – Tell us what you’re up to this Pi Day and share your stories and photos with NASA. And join the conversation with @NASAJPL_Edu on Twitter using the hashtag #NASAPiDayChallenge

Resources for Educators

Teachable Moment: Pi Goes the Distance at NASA Teachable Moment – Learn about the NASA Pi Day Challenge, read about the science behind the challenge and find resources for bringing Pi Day into the classroom.
Pi Day Challenge Lesson Collection Lessons: Pi Day – Find everything you need to bring the NASA Pi Day Challenge into the classroom, including free posters and handouts available to download.