NASA/JPL Educator Workshop – Exploring Earth Science in Our Communities

Title: Educator Workshop: Exploring Earth Science in Our Communities

Exploring Earth Science in Our Communities – NASA/JPL Educator Workshop

Educator Workshop: Exploring Earth Science in Our Communities

When: Saturday, Jan. 20, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Where: Chino Basin Water Conservation District, 4594 San Bernardino St., Montclair, California

Target Audience: Teachers for grades K-12

Overview: Explore activities and methods for bringing standards-aligned Earth science activities into your classroom using NASA data. The California Regional Environmental Education Community and the San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools Office will open the session with an introduction from experts at the Chino Basin Water Conservation District. Then, we'll use Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) aligned activities developed by the Center of the Collaborative Classroom and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory to help students make connections in the classroom.

Please note that a portion of the session will be outdoors, so please dress for the weather.

  • This workshop is not available online; you must be physically present to participate.
  • This workshop is limited to educators at U.S.-based institutions and organizations.

› Register Online

Questions? Call the Educator Resource Center at 818-393-5917.

Can't attend the workshop? Explore these standards-aligned lessons and resources online.

  • Water Filtration Challenge (Grades 5-12) – Learn how to filter and recycle water for varying applications, ranging from agriculture to providing clean drinking water to astronauts.
  • Watershed Education – Experience NGSS by using the concept of watersheds as a lens to explore hands-on engagement in scientific practices in the classroom and the outdoors.

Discover More From NASA Space Place

The Space Place Newsletter NASA Space Place is a premier destination for science, technology, engineering and mathematics content for children between the ages of 8 and 13. Subscribe to The Space Place Newsletter to discover new educational games, videos and hands-on activities.