Robotics

Date: Saturday, May 9, 10 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.

Target Audience: Teachers for grades K-12

Location: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA, von Karman Auditorium

Overview: Whether it's roving around Mars, exploring asteroids and comets or investigating our home planet, we use robotics every day. Learn how JPL designs robots for various applications, and take a look at the important role these machines play in space exploration as well as other fields, like medicine. Learn about engineering design and create inexpensive activities that you can take back to your students to introduce them to the exciting world of robotics.

Call the Educator Resource Center at (818) 393-5917 to reserve your spot.

This free workshop is offered through the NASA/JPL Educator Resource Center, which provides formal and informal educators with NASA resources and materials that support STEM learning. For more information, visit the Educator Resource Center page at: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/education/index.cfm?page=115.

For a list of more upcoming educator workshops from NASA/JPL Education, visit: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/education/index.cfm?page=387