Deep Space Network and the Physics of Sound

Date: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 10:00am to 12:45pm

Target Audience: Educators grades 2nd – 8th (all grades are welcome)

Location: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA, von Karman Auditorium

For more information and to register, visit: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/education/index.cfm?page=422.

Overview: Have you ever wondered how NASA "talks" to our various missions? The Deep Space Network celebrated 50 years of communication with NASA spacecraft in our solar system and beyond. In this workshop teachers will learn about NASA's Deep Space Network of dishes here on Earth and understand why there is no sound in space. Come enjoy "center-based" lessons that illustrate how sound moves through solids, liquids and gases.

To register please call JPL’s Educator Resource Center 818-393-5917.

For a list of more upcoming educator workshops from NASA/JPL Education, visit: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/education/index.cfm?page=387