JPL E-Postcard: Herschel's Multi-Hued View of the Sky

Title: E-card: Herschel's Multi-Hued View of the Sky

Herschel's Multi-Hued View of the Sky

A new image from the Herschel Space Telescope shows off the observatory's talents for seeing multiple wavelengths of light. The infrared observatory, a European Space Agency mission with important participation from NASA, can use two science instruments simultaneously to see five different "colors" of infrared, which is light that we can't see with our eyes.

+ Full image and caption
Herschel home page
+ JPL home page