Re: Large CQE for fuse headers

On 10/10/24 21:56, Bernd Schubert wrote:
Hello,

as discussed during LPC, we would like to have large CQE sizes, at least
256B. Ideally 256B for fuse, but CQE512 might be a bit too much...

Pavel said that this should be ok, but it would be better to have the CQE
size as function argument.
Could you give me some hints how this should look like and especially how

I remembered it as SQEs, which would've been much easier. In the current
io_uring infra, usually to post a cqe an opcode specific path stashed the
result value in the request structure and then the core io_uring code will
post it for you. We won't find space for 256B, however, and it'd need to
happen right from the cmd path and follow the rules when / from what
context it can be posted.

I'll take a stub to see how it can look like.

we are going to communicate the CQE size to the kernel? I guess just adding
IORING_SETUP_CQE256 / IORING_SETUP_CQE512 would be much easier.

3-4 special cases is already odd as an API, we should rather just
pass the desired CQE size.

I'm basically through with other changes Miklos had been asking for and
moving fuse headers into the CQE is next.

--
Pavel Begunkov