Re: Confused about count argument in io_uring_prep_timeout

On 7/27/22 11:20, Bikal Gurung wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to understand the 'count' argument in liburing
io_uring_prep_timeout call. Does this argument signify the number of
cqes after which the timeout value 'ts' becomes armed?

Short answer, if you want just a timeout, i.e. will be triggered
according to the specified timespec if not cancelled, just set it
to 0.

TL;DR;
It's apparently a niche feature I'm not aware anyone is using, it
make the timeout request to complete when there has been added
@count or more CQEs since the timeout was queued. I'd love
to deprecate it tbh.

--
Pavel Begunkov