Re: [GIT PULL] io_uring updates for 5.18-rc1

On 3/26/22 2:57 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> I'd also like to have a conversation about continuing to use
>> the socket as a proxy for NAPI_ID, NAPI_ID is exposed to user
>> space now. io_uring being a new interface I wonder if it's not
>> better to let the user specify the request parameters directly.
>
> Definitely open to something that makes more sense, given we don't
> have to shoehorn things through the regular API for NAPI with
> io_uring.

The most appropriate is probably to add a way to get/set NAPI settings
on a per-io_uring basis, eg through io_uring_register(2). It's a bit
more difficult if they have to be per-socket, as the polling happens off
what would normally be the event wait path.

What did you have in mind?

--
Jens Axboe