Re: Sending CQE to a different ring

On 3/9/22 7:11 PM, Artyom Pavlov wrote:
> No, ideally I would like to be able to send any type of SQE to a
> different ring. For example, if I see that the current ring is
> overloaded, I can create exactly the same SQEs as during usual
> operation, but with a changed recipient ring.

And since I could still be misunderstanding your intent here, if you
mean that you want to submit sqe to ring1 with ring2 being the target,
then I'm not sure that would be very helpful. The submitting task is the
owner of the request, and will ultimately be the one that ends up
running eg task_work associated with the request. It's not really a good
way to shift work from one ring to another, if the setup is such that
the rings are tied to a thread and the threads are in turn mostly tied
to a CPU or group of CPUs.

--
Jens Axboe