Re: io-uring

On 10/23/21 2:08 AM, Praveen Kumar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Praveen and have worked on couple of projects in my professional
> experience, that includes File system driver and TCP stack
> development. I came across fs/io_uring.c and was interested to know
> more in-depth about the same and the use-cases, this solves. In
> similar regards, I read https://kernel.dk/io_uring.pdf and going
> through liburing. I'm interested to add value to this project.
>
> I didn't find any webpage or TODO items, which I can start looking
> upon. Please guide me and let me know if there are any small items to
> start with. Also, is there any irc channel or email group apart from
> io-uring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, where I can post my queries(design specific
> or others).

Great that you are interested! It's quite a fast moving project, but
still plenty of things to tackle and improve. All discussion happens on
the io-uring mailing list, we don't have a more realtime communication
channel. Might make sense to setup a slack channel or something... But
for now I'd encourage you to just participate on the mailing list, and
question there are a good way to do it too.

--
Jens Axboe