Re: Polling on an io_uring file descriptor

On 10/20/21 12:44, Drew DeVault wrote:
On Wed Oct 20, 2021 at 12:15 PM CEST, Pavel Begunkov wrote:
Not a canonical way, but both should work (POLLIN for CQEs).
Do you have a simple test case for us to reproduce?

Hm, no, I cannot. I must have faced another bug, I was not able to
produce a minimal test case and my attempt to reproduce my earlier bug
in a larger test case was not succesful.

Sounds like polling is ok, let us know if there is any problem

One issue which remains is that attempting to use REGISTER_FILES on
io_uring A with io_uring B's file descriptor returns EBADF. I saw a
comment in the kernel source explaining this, but it's a bit contrived
and the error case is not documented.

Surely should be updated if not mentioned

--
Pavel Begunkov