Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] io_uring SQPOLL sharing changes

On 3/21/21 11:54 PM, Xiaoguang Wang wrote:
> hi Pavel,
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> You may have already noticed, but there will be a change how SQPOLL
>> is shared in 5.12. In particular, SQPOLL may be shared only by processes
>> belonging to the same thread group. If this condition is not fulfilled,
>> then it silently creates a new SQPOLL task.
>
> Thanks for your kindly reminder, currently we only share sqpoll thread
> in threads belonging to one same process.

That's good to know, imho it is also the only thing that _really_ makes
sense to do.

Since we're on the topic, are you actively using the percpu thread setup
that you sent out patches for earlier? That could still work within
the new scheme of having io threads, but I'd be curious to know first
if you guys are actually using it.

--
Jens Axboe