Re: [GIT PULL] Followup io_uring fixes for 5.12-rc

On 2/26/21 11:16 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 2:27 PM Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> A collection of later fixes that we should get into this release:
>
> So you decided to not try to push the "user threads" rewrite for 5.12?
>
> Probably just as well.

Heh, I actually did decide to push it, just wanted to flush this out
first... I have it all ready to go, it's based on (a few patches back)
of this branch. I'll still send this out later today, it's totally up to
you of course, and the email has a lengthier explanation.

There's a few minor issues around referencing since we get auto-exit
of threads, where we managed it fully before with kthreads. But nothing
really major, and we have it mostly flushed out already. So those followup
fixes should be ready to go in a day or so. It's what syzbot is tripping
up on, and they are known and mostly edge cases.

--
Jens Axboe