Re: [RFC 0/1] whitelisting UDP GSO and GRO cmsgs

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 7:36 AM Stefan Metzmacher <metze@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 23.11.20 um 17:29 schrieb Victor Stewart:
> > On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 4:13 PM Stefan Metzmacher <metze@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Victor,
> >>
> >> wouldn't it be enough to port the PROTO_CMSG_DATA_ONLY check to the sendmsg path?
> >>
> >> UDP sockets should have PROTO_CMSG_DATA_ONLY set.
> >>
> >> I guess that would fix your current problem.
> >
> > that would definitely solve the problem and is the easiest solution.
> >
> > but PROTO_CMSG_DATA_ONLY is only set on inet_stream_ops and
> > inet6_stream_ops but dgram?
>
> I guess PROTO_CMSG_DATA_ONLY should be added also for dgram sockets.
>
> Did you intend to remove the cc for the mailing list?
>
> I think in addition to the io-uring list, cc'ing netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> would also be good.

whoops forgot to reply all.

before I CC netdev, what does PROTO_CMSG_DATA_ONLY actually mean? I
didn't find a clear explanation anywhere by searching the kernel, only
that it was defined as 1 and flagged on inet_stream_ops and
inet6_stream_ops.

there must be a reason it was not initially included for dgrams?

but yes if there's nothing standing in the way of adding it for
dgrams, and it covers UDP_SEGMENT and UDP_GRO then that's of course
the least friction solution here.