Re: Information sought

Hi All,

On 12 December 2015 at 12:54, Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntlett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've got a couple of third hand computers using Intel graphics (Dell Optiplex GX50, HP Compaq dc 7600) with graphics problems - Dell becomes unusable, screen is all white with black squiggles after running updates on Ubuntu 14.04LTS- freedesktop bug 93173, dc 7600 screen works most of the time but occasionally is corrupted with random horizontal lines of junk pixels).

Well this is disappointing. No one has responded to my request for information. For roughly 10 years now I have been refurbishing PCs to give to people with mental health problems, their carers or families.I am an I.T. volunteer at Contact (http://contactmorpeth.org.uk/) - and Contact won an award from the Queen for the project I am continuing. These days Lubuntu Linux gets put on the PCs. Many people have been given PCs with Intel graphics so having the graphics stack broken is going to affect a lot of vulnerable people.

Surely someone can help?

BW,

Ian