Re: skylake + drm-next - warn city

Hi Patrik,

On 3 November 2015 at 21:21, Patrik Jakobsson
<patrik.r.jakobsson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Imre Deak <imre.deak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> All of Mika's patches [1] have an R-b, except patch 7/7.
>> [2] has R-b's as well except for patch 1/13. Sunil any update on that?
>
> It could be that Dave is hitting the warm boot DMC fw loading issue so
> you probably need my series [1] as well.

It's necessary but not sufficient; see
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2015-November/079368.html
for fixing GuC itself.

I tested this on top of the three series (Mika's, Imre's, and yours),
but hit some power domain warnings and I never come back from DPMS.
That being said, this is also on top of Maarten's async atomic
pageflip series, so there could be some damage there. I'll try to
track that down separately and give you a more sensible Tested-by.

My other reservation with the DMC firmware series is that it requires
firmware v1.23, which is available from 01.org, but hasn't been
submitted to linux-firmware AFAICT. So that'll break DMC for everyone
who doesn't explicitly grab the firmware ...

Cheers,
Daniel