Re: [REGRESSION] Re: i915 driver crashes on T540p if docking station attached

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:50:29AM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> I've tried pulling in your patches from fixes-stuff, onto Linus's tree
> (without Linus's fix), and the good news is that I'm no longer
> crashing on boot.
>
> The *bad* news is that (a) it breaks the external monitor attached to
> the docking station completely (this was working with Linus's patch),
> and (b) it's triggering a LOCKDEP failure.

Well, that's not fair.  Even with Linus's fix, there is still a
LOCKDEP failure.  And a few more i915 WARNINGS.  But at least the
external monitor works, so this is what I'm using.  Enclosed please
find a dmesg with the lockdep and i915 warnings and my .config.  The
kernel that I used can be found at:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4.git/log/?h=i915-test-4.2.0-rc4

						- Ted