Writing tests to reuse stolen memory in i915

Hello,

Correct me if I’m wrong. From my understanding (through Googling) so far, stolen memory is a memory that is managed under the graphics firmware but not managed by the Linux kernel itself.

I’m wondering how I can allocate and use a stolen memory in i915.  Or is memory allocated under the graphics firmware is a stolen memory by default?

Thanks,

Chan-Kit