Re: Very bad performance from intel chipset on Thinkpad T540p (2880x1620)

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 07:53:29AM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > On top of being bleeding edge enoug not to be in debian unstable, does it have
> > performance enhancements that you are hopeful will help my situation?
>
> Lots.

:)

Ok, so I owe you thanks.

Between the module options and the new driver, things are better.
I can now play and resize a video with mplayer without it dropping to 5fps
or less. I see some tearing in the video being played on occasion whether
it's original size, resized window, or full screen, but otherwise it plays
full speed and my system doesn't slow down to a crawl.

So things are much better, thank you :)

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/