Re: Missing notifications for front buffer status change(invalidate)

cc += intel-gfx

On Wednesday 18 March 2015 02:12 PM, Ramalingam C wrote:
Hi,

Is there anyway I can test the front buffer tracking?

On latest drm-intel-nightly, I am observing that when ubuntu bootsup after few secs (like ~15Secs)
there no call from intel_fb_obj_invalidate() to invalidate the drrs.

But system is healthy and FBs are keep changing. But no notification to DRRS for FB status change.

I have verified this by observing the busy_frontbuffer_bits from /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_drrs_status. This bit is not changing at all.
Hence DRRS is stuck at DRRS_LOW_RR itself.

Is it known valid issue? Or am I doing something wrong.!?

--
Ram