Re: [Beignet] Preventing zero GPU virtual address allocation

Hi,
	Zero page is not an ABI, It is only a strategy of virtual space allocation.
	Nobody would need exactly a page of virtual address 0. So there is no dependency.

	Zero page is a very common used method to avoid the NULL pointer issue.
	See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_page

	I can see a lot of issue to do that with MAP_FIXED zero page in user space.

	Say if a program combine libva, beignet and mesa or other graphics components together,
	which component should be responsible of allocating this zero page?

	What if a component happened to allocate a page in offset 0 before beignet and release it later?
	Using a zero page just remove the unnecessary mess and resolve problem in a clean explicit way.

Thanks
Zou Nanhai