Re: i915 when using vaapi, screen only refreshes on mouse movement

On Tue, 2015-03-03 at 13:49 +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:

> It's an OR. The bug I am thinking about has a w/a in the ddx and a real
> fix in the kernel. Either one should do, and I think will resolve your
> issue.

Yeah, upgrading to that newer Intel driver did seem to do the trick.  I
wonder if it's making
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=463243 worse though
since that problem seems to have gotten worse with the new driver.

It didn't even really occur to me that that problem was related to my
GPU driver but I've since put the same version of Chrome on my laptop
with an nVidia Quadro and I have not see the same problem there (yet).

Cheers,
b.