Re: [RFC v2] drm/i915: Android native sync support

On 01/24/2015 09:47 AM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Tvrtko Ursulin
<tvrtko.ursulin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Could you please translate this into something understandable by newcomers?
:)

I don't know which parts are confusing without questions so please ask
them ... the questions below about scheduler interactions seem fairly
advanced ;-)

I suppose for starters, when I took over this work I read the last thread from December. There you were saying to Jesse to convert the separate ioctl into execbuf interface for in & out fences.

That's what I did I thought. So is that not the fashion of the day any more or I misunderstood something?

People will scream very soon for something along these lines anyway since it is kind of packaged with the scheduler I am told and both will be very much desired soon.

Idea is to allow submitting of work and not block in userspace rather let the scheduler queue and shuffle depending on fences.

Regards,

Tvrtko