Re: Debugging registers (INSTPS, CSCMDOP, CSCMDVLD, ...)

On 15/01/15 07:38, Jaeyong Yoo wrote:
> Hello Daniel and other maintainers,
>
> While I'm working on drm memory allocator with myself, I've encountered render ring hang.
> And I am noticed that I can diagnose the command streamer's status with the following registers:
>
> INSTPS: 0x2070
> CSCMDOP: 0x220c
> CSCMDVLD: 0x2210
> INSTDONE_1: 206C
>
> I can see the general description of such registers in the following PDF.
> http://www.x.org/docs/intel/VOL_1_graphics_core.pdf
>
> But, sadly, this document does not provide a field description for implementation specific registers.
> I appreciate if you point me to such information in Haswell architecture?
>
> Best regards,
> JY

Hi,

that link you provided looks pretty ancient -- the document is dated Jan
2008! There's a lot of much more recent documentation at

* https://01.org/linuxgraphics/documentation

including some Haswell-specific files at:

*
https://01.org/linuxgraphics/documentation/2013-intel-core-processor-family

If you are trying to diagnose a GPU hang, these may be useful:

* https://01.org/linuxgraphics/documentation/how-get-gpu-error-state
* https://01.org/linuxgraphics/documentation/intel-gpu-dump-tool-guide

Hope this helps,
.Dave.