Backlight problems

Hello,

Recently I've upgraded my ubuntu to version 14.10 and now i'm having problems with adjusting my backlight.
I've posted this stackexchange question, and the advice they gave me was to send a message to this mailing list.

I'm hoping you can help me identify the problem, and if possible help me fix it.
My question is already in the link above and I think copying it here is not necessary.
If there is any information I can provide you regarding my system i'm happy to help you.

Regards,
Willem