Taking tiling and rotation into account in watermark computations

Hi all,

We need to refactor the current code a bit to allow parameters like plane rotation and framebuffer tiling mode be taken into account when calculating display watermarks.

I looked into this code a bit and am at the moment a bit confused with what is where and why.

For example the purpose of plane_config in intel_crtc seems a bit thin, or why it is created once on driver init. Then again watermark parameters are embedded in intel_plane, which is separate from plane_config. And where is the link between intel_crtc and intel_plane, or why intel_crtc has a plane field - is it not that there are multiple planes per pipe/crtc?

Part one would be trying to understand how things are. Then part two would be coming up with a design, if justified by the extent of work required, to implement this requirement.

Thanks,

Tvrtko