Re: pin OABUFFER to GGTT

Submitting again (this time copying the mailing list correctly):

The bo_pin ioctl has been discarded in GEN6+ with this patch:

    drm/i915: Reject the pin ioctl on gen6+

    Especially with ppgtt this kinda stopped making sense. And if we
    indeed need this to hack around an issue, we need something that also
    works for non-root.

    Signed-off-by: Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter@xxxxxxxx

The thing is, the performance team used this call to pin the OABUFFER to GGTT and then mapping it to userspace. This OABUFFER cannot be in PPGTT because: "When each context has its own Per Process GTT, this field should be always set to GGTT." (BSpec dixit).

Can we re-enable it? or should we find an alternative for this case?

-- Oscar