Re: Eyestrain problems with new Intel drivers

Dear developers,

I have the same problem as the one described by Michael bellow: the
Intel Graphic card produces eye strain and headache after some minutes
of using it. I found a lot of people complaining on the same problem,
but no solution. I tried lowering the resolution, increasing the PWM
frequency, but without luck. I also installed an old version of intel
drivers (2.20.12), because the subject of this email was "with **new**
Intel drivers", but it didn't help.

I have a new HP Folio 9470m, with the Intel HD 4000 graphic card, and
I cannot use it. Even when connecting an external monitor, I have the
same problem. When I connect my old laptop, with an nvidia card, to
the same monitor, the eyestrain disapear, so it must be the Intel
card, or its driver.

I will be glad to provide any information you consider relevant. I can
do whatever test you want, but please, do not ignore this message. I
am not the only one to have this problem:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Eye+strain+Intel+graphic

I am on (Arch) Linux, but I saw some reports on Windows too.

Best,
Alejandro

Alejandro Díaz-Caro
http://diaz-caro.info