Re: v3.14-rc7: Backlight control broken on Dell XPS13

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Please never just send a mail to maintainers, always cc mailing lists.

Yes, sorry, I sent this privately because it wasn't a fully-formed bug
report; I just wanted Jani to confirm that it wasn't intentionally
broken as of -rc7.

> Have you tested with the patch reverted to confirm that it's indeed
> this commit and not something else (e.g. in the acpi code)?

I hadn't, but I've now reverted the revert and things work again as in
v3.13. So as far as I can tell the quirk is still definitely needed.

Thanks!
-r