Re: Questions on display pipes on 835GM

Hi Daniel,

btw I've just read through your dvo code again and I think we can fix this
easier. If I read your enable hack correctly then we need to have the dpll
running and the DVO port on. The problem now is that in the dvo ->modeset
callback this is explicitly _not_ the case.

Please also check the latest mail (just minutes above). There seem to be three conditions, actually: DPLL running, DVO on, and high-speed mode selected *at least* if there is only one pipe active.

This is not a big issue when there's only one pipe in use, but it wreaks
havoc when more than one pipe is in use. So we need to move all that code
somewhere else.

Agreed.

Now if you follow the callchains around the dvo->dpms callbacks the DVO
port and DPLL are always enabled at that point in time, so I think we
should be able to fix this all by moving the modeset code around to that
place.

True, but probably with the high-speed bit in the wrong state.

Greetings,
	Thomas