External Monitor Cut Off with HDMI and a little blurry

I have a intel hd graphics 3000 and Centos 6. This is a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop and a Samsung 2493HM monitor. When I use the hdmi port with an external monitor, the outer part of the screen is cut off. For example, I can't see the window control in the upper right. If I use VGA, then I can see everything.

I dual boot this machine in Windows 7. I see the same thing in Windows.

Another problem I'm having is the monitor is a little more blurry than other computers. I've compared it to an older HP dv7 and a Lenovo with a Intel GMA 4500M.

Here is the output from lspci and glxinfo

[root@centos-dv7 brian]# lspci | grep VGA

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

[root@centos-dv7 brian]# glxinfo | grep -i vendor

server glx vendor string: SGI

client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center

Any suggestions on troubleshooting the hdmi getting cut off or the blurry issue? I confused on updating the driver. I downloaded “Kernel driver” and the readme seems like it is a new Kernel. I'm not sure how to update the driver.

Brian