Re: i915 irq storm mitigation in 3.10

Hi all,

Am 21.07.2013 22:43, schrieb Daniel Vetter:
Can you please boot with drm.debug=0xe added to your kernel cmdline,
do a cold boot (so that we get a storm) and then once everything is
quiet grab the full kernel log (you probably have to grab it from the
disk, dmesg has likely overflown) and upload it somewhere (since it's
probably too big for the mailing lists)? Please also enable printk
timestamps for your kernel so that we can create a timeline of
everything going on.
I hope I did it correctly, apending both printk.time=1 and drm.debug=0xe to my kernel command line:
http://files.hz6.de/kern_20130722.log

That log should give us a starting point, but I guess we need to run
some debug patches past you to figure out what's going on in your
system exactly.
Did the drm.debug option work, it's not very chatty?

Another thing I have noticed: All storm-related messages are about DP-3 and HDMI-A-1, but my T400 doesn't have either a HDMI out nor a DisplayPort
connector...
We'll only enable ports (and interrupts for them) if we think they're
there. Could it be that there's a docking station for your machine
available which would have these ports?
Hmm, yes, I think so.

Thank you all for helping diagnosing this issue!

Regards
jan