GMA3150

On 04/09/2012 15.56, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On 9/4/12 9:41 AM, Luca Ellero wrote:
>
>> I've read this page:
>>
>> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/documentation.html
>>
>> and found a lot of interesting docs on various chipsets. But I'm
>> interested on GMA3150 (found for example on Atom processor D450
>> LunaPier) and I cannot find datasheets about it.
>> Can someone please tell me where can I find such docs or maybe if I can
>> refer to other chipsets  that are similar (maybe GM965).
>
> The 3150 is a gen3 part, like the 915 and 945.  Intel has not publicly
> released any programming documentation for GPU generations older than
> gen4 (ie, 965).
>
> - ajax

Hi Adam,
thank you for your quick reply.
Anyway, if you don't mind I would like to ask you two more questions then:

1) does this mean that I can't use Open Source Graphics Drivers for GMA3150?

2) if this is not true and Intel has not publicly released any
programming documentation for GMA3150, who and how are this drivers
written? By reading source code can we understand how GMA3150 works?

Thanks again
regards
Luke