Re: Forced push done to drm-intel-next-queued

Hi,

On 27-12-18 15:42, Jani Nikula wrote:
On Tue, 25 Dec 2018, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

As mentioned in the "I messed up drm-intel-next-queued!" mail-thread
I made a big mistake yesterday:

"Ugh, I just messed up drm-intel-next-queued big time.

I somehow rebased my work on top of drm-tip (I believe I did the rebase
in the wrong dir) and then after running a bunch of tests I
did a "dim push-branch drm-intel-next-queued" which pushed the
patches I intended to push rebased on top of drm-tip
pushing drm-tip to dinq :(

I'm so sorry about this.

I just checked my reflog and the last commit before me messing
up is commit d4de753526f4d99f541f1b6ed1d963005c09700c
("drm/i915: Unwind failure on pinning the gen7 ppgtt")"

To fix this I've just done a forced push resetting
drm-intel-next-queued to the mentioned d4de753526f4 commit.

I first checked no-one pushed anything on top of my mess,
but if you pushed anything to drm-intel-next-queued in the
last 24 hours, please double-check it is there.

Once more my apologies for this.

It happens, don't worry about it. Thanks for being open about it instead
of trying to brush it under the rug.

Thanks.

Did you pass -f to dim? I suspect drm-tip wouldn't pass the push checks
in dim without it. Perhaps we'll need to add more.

No I did not pass -f, I did wonder myself how the push managed to
proceed after my screw-up. Looking at how dim builds drm-tip, it seems
it starts with dinq and then merges in other branches, so a push
from a drm-tip based branch to dinq is a fast-forward (I think),
so dinq is special in this case.

Anyway, checking against what I had on Friday, I think it all checks
out. It's of course possible something was pushed on top, but I doubt
it.

Great, thank you for double checking.

Regards,

Hans