Output problems with displayport-hdmi kable on arrandale based hp elitebook 2540p

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:16:59 +0200, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any suggestions how to diagnose this problem further?
>
> I really hope I won't need to use VGA forever - the blurry fonts make
> my eyes bleed ;)

Do please open a bug on fd.o so that we can at least keep reminding
ourselves of the issue. Unfortunately it sounds like yet another example
where DP->dongle is broken.

Attaching a drm.debug=0x6 dmesg and being prepared to run random kernel
trees is a minimum.
-Chris