gfx context switch

Hi, all:

When gfx executes batch buffer in render ring buffer, it will do context switch .

Since only when the previous batch buffer has finished, the next batch buffer can start. the batch buffer is executed in order. So I think there is no need to do context switch.

Why i915 driver introduce context switch ?  If context switch is disabled, what error will occur ?

Why gfx need context switch, can somebody give me a example to use context switch ?

Thanks in advance.