Re: How to «bootstrap» xapian/squatter

On 2024-09-26 3:47 AM, Albert Shih wrote:
Le 25/09/2024 à 17:39:36-0600, Nels Lindquist a écrit

On 2024-09-25 1:23 PM, Albert Shih wrote:

You could try rebuilding the conversations databases with
"ctl_conversationsdb -v -b -r".

Did you try increasing search_batchsize? That was the "one thing" that fixed
it for me:

Indeed !!!.

I'v  put 524288 for the search_batchsize and I think I will be
over it in few hours.

Big thanks.

You're welcome! Glad that's working for you.

How do you launch squatter ? Because I intend to launch squatter using
sync_log so as I understand (but maybe I'm wrong that's why I ask),
squatter are just going to use what inside the log file and index only the
new mail.

I believe the sync_log is for rolling mode. I have it configured as a daemon in /etc/cyrus.conf.

squatter        cmd="squatter -R"

For doing an initial xapian index build (or for manually updating for whatever reason) I use "squatter -v -i" (as the cyrus user) which iterates over each mailbox and builds/updates the index. If there's no existing index for a mailbox, the "incremental" update builds the index from scratch using the existing mail. The "-v" can be skipped if you don't care to see the increased logging verbosity.

Run "squatter -v -i" in a screen/tmux window so you can see what it's doing;
if you observe repeated processing of the same folder/mailbox this could be
your answer.

And if it's the case what should I do ?

Sorry, that was unclear. I meant that to be a diagnostic to see whether increasing your search_batchsize might help. Since you've already done that (and it worked) you're all set.

--
Nels Lindquist
nlindq@xxxxxxx