Re: How to «bootstrap» xapian/squatter

Le 26/09/2024 à 10:30:53+0200, Luca Olivetti via Info a écrit
> El 26/9/24 a les 1:39, Nels Lindquist ha escrit:

Hi,

> > I presume you have conversations.db enabled? It's required for xapian to
> > work. Use twoskip for the conversations db format.
>
> I found that the hard way (squatter complained about it), but shouldn't it
> be mentioned in
> https://www.cyrusimap.org/3.6/imap/developer/install-xapian.html (or
> whatever the current page is, btw, the search on cyrusimap.org doesn't
> appear to be working).
>

> > You could try rebuilding the conversations databases with
> > "ctl_conversationsdb -v -b -r".
>
> ditto.
>
> Anyway, I'm trying xapian on a test server with debian bullseye, using
> cyrus-imapd from their repository (3.6.1-4+deb12u3) and, after constructing
> the index with squatter (again, I think that should be mentioned in the
> xapian page) and adding the option "search_fuzzy_always:1" to imapd.conf
> (another detail not mentioned in the above page), every search returned no
> results, probably because of the missing conversations db.
>
> I'm now trying the ctl_conversationsdb command but:
>
> 1) in spite of using -v (and -v -v) it doesn't tell me anything
> 2) it segfaulted
> 3) I see that the (incomplete?) conversation db for my 9.8GB mailbox is
> 4.1GB, is that normal?
>
> root@vmail:~# ls -lh /var/lib/cyrus/user/l/luca.conversations
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 4.1G Sep 26 09:06
> /var/lib/cyrus/user/l/luca.conversations
> root@vmail:~# du -sh /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/luca/
> 9.8G    /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/luca/

weird, I'm using also cyrus 3.6 from debian on Debian 12, but I got the
uuid file tree meaning the conversationdb/maibox/etc are in something

root@zen-imap:/var/lib/cyrus/user/uuid/4/1/4153panofb1j8g3r508fdite# ls -lh
total 245M
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 413M Sep 26 10:49 conversations.db
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail  296 Sep 25 02:59 counters.db
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 4.2K Sep 20 10:18 sub.db
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail    4 Sep 26 10:41 xapianactive.db

and this «guy» got  ~740 000 mails.

I'm not a huge fan of this uuid_thing, but I understand why cyrus-team do
it.

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH 🦫 🐸