Authentication saslauthd & local

Hi,

Until now I'm running my cyrus imapd (3.0.x) on a FreeBSD box.

Now I need to re-install a new server 3.6.x on a Debian box.

I run into a very weird problem, I've no idea if it's linked to the
difference between FreeBSD/Debian or cyrus 3.0x -> 3.6 (or both)

On both I'm using saslauthdb (ldap backend)

On both I'm able to authenticate any user against the ldap

On my FreeBSD box I'm using some local account (sync, cyradm) who
don't exist in the ldap for security reason and I'm able to authenticate
with the password store in the /etc/shadow (/etc/master.passwd in FB
world). But I'm unable to do that on my Linux.

I check the difference between the imapd.conf and cyrus.conf and saslauthd
and don't see any.

On both the saslauthd run with only one

  saslauthd -a ldap -O PATH/saslauthd.conf

Any help would be welcome

Regards.

JAS

--