Re: cyrusv2 (lmtp) broken with tls enabled?

Hello,

my reading is that you want to force sendmail to issue STARTTLS, when connecting to the remove LMTP mailer.

In the documentation for M(ailer) I cound not find how to do this.

The third parameter to your A= is the port to connect to.

You can try to use the access database and put there Try_TLS:<hostname><TAB>OK. Don’t ask for details, I touch sendmail very rarely and each time I do  so I have to rediscover how things work.

The problem might be, that sendmail (acting as client) does not recognize the certificate of the LMTP server.

Your sendmail might be compiled without STARTTLS support.

You can try to start sendmail under strace and see what exactly does it send to the LMTP client.

You could also run stunnel on both sides - one accepts plain text connection, encrypts it using TLS, the other stunnel receives that TLS traffic and forwards it as plain text to the local system.  Not efficient, but effective.

Greetings
  Дилян